Pages

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

It is that good

I had a new BYU practicum teacher start yesterday and I like her.  She has the basic instinct of a teacher.

She got up at one point and let a student, who had just returned from ESL, know what was happening and got him set up and I heard choirs of angels singing because not everyone would know to do that.

She is from Portland, Maine and her husband is from Guilford, Connecticut.  I told her we'd lived in New Haven, which is near Guilford.  She said her in-laws love New Haven pizza.  She said, "Do you know Pepe's?"

Yes.  Yes, I do.

She said her in-laws practically have a shrine to it.

And it is that good.

Braeden, 2015, having some Pepe's clam pie.  Yes, he was a drama kid.

I told her that New Haven bumped us up a pizza bracket we've never recovered from.  She said her husband is going to do an internship in Connecticut this summer.  I said, "Go to Pepe's."

I am jealous.  I want to spend the summer in New Haven.  Pizza every day.

Then I remembered the humidity.


1 comment:

Geri said...

You'll have to share that when on vacation Adam looks up New Haven style pizza places and compares then to Pepe's. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails