Pages

Monday, February 26, 2024

Making me feel loved

Yesterday in Relief Society, the teacher asked us what our parents or children or spouses do to make us feel loved.

I didn't answer, but I thought about it for the rest of the day.

There are the universal ways that families show love that I think most grateful people can acknowledge:  service and affection and trust and loyalty.

I love the very unique ways my people show me love too though.

My mom knows by the tone of my hello on the phone if I'm OK or not.

My dad is an ever ready man of solutions and he also calls me Patty Punkety.

Braeden understands me like very few people do.  Sometimes when I am talking about some situation that maybe isn't even about me, he can tell I feel stressed and asks, "But how are you feeling about it?"

Emma bought me a book the other day because she had read it and it had "caught her by the throat" so she wanted me to read it too.  I love when Emma gives me advice and when she shares her creativity with me.

Mark tightens the kitchen chairs whenever he notices the slightest wobble.  When he is home and hears the garage door, he comes outside to see if I need help carrying anything.  

All our children know exactly how to make me laugh.

Whenever I want to go somewhere, Adam wants to go with me.  Even if he just got home.  He knows being with him makes me happy.

The next question was how do you show love to them.  

I've been thinking about that too.  I could do more.

1 comment:

Mark Dahl said...

Your family loves you so much Thelma. Thank you for all the good you do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails