Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2024

So good

 I was very happy to be back at school yesterday.  You could have convinced me that it was any day of the week.  I had no idea.  During math I thought it was Tuesday.  We went to library after recess like we do every Wednesday and then came back and I did what we do every Thursday for reading.

I kept saying, "Wait.  It's Wednesday isn't it?"

My students were mostly very well behaved while I was gone.  They did their work and the classroom was pretty tidy.

They're such a dreamy class.  

They wanted to hear all about why I was gone and how I was feeling.

My voice is 100% back.  It was pretty amazing to be back at school and 1) not feel awful and 2) have a voice.

A random 2nd grader threw her arms around me in the hall.

A random 1st grader excitedly said, "Mrs. Davis!" 

One of my former students was nearby and he said, "Yeah, I was in her class a few years ago."  He is way too cool now, as a fifth grader, to show me too much enthusiasm, but he gave me a nod.

I texted a parent to ask about a student and she texted back!

It doesn't take much to make me really happy.  

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I have learned from sad experience that teenagers don't text back but I thought parents would to teachers! Crazy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails