Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Day Spa



Emma's ten tomorrow.

(Just give me a minute while I wrap my mind around that.)

OK, I'm back.

We celebrated by inviting her nearest and dearest over for a Day Spa extravaganza. Devyn's mom Deeann came to help and Janet too.

If every little girl needs a birthday party, then every mom needs a Janet to come and help.

How convenient that I have one!

We applied facials:




Girl's react differently to having cucumbers placed on their eyes. There was a lot of squealing and screaming (yes, they are really good at being tweens). Some of the girls got completely zoned out but my favorite reaction was by my niece Talia. She chided the girls next to her to be quiet. She said, "I did not pay $50 for this spa to be bothered." Talia also does a hilarious British accent. I try to surround myself with people that make me laugh.

Thank you Talia.


Some of the girls took the meditative spa atmosphere (and theatrics) to extremes.

Next I divided the girls into stations where they could play a game:


Have their nails painted by Janet (or That Girl in the White Shirt as Raelyn called her):


Or do each other's hair in artful ways:



Emma loved every minute of it.

And I loved every minute of it.

What could be more wonderful than a ten year old girl and her silly friends loving each other, loving life and asking for another piece of cake.

Pure joy.

And now I need a day spa...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a great party. You're amazing, Thelma. And again, I need a Janet. Chocolate covered cherries AND spa help. Does she at least vacation to Utah?

Best wishes to the birthday girl. And her creative mother.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails