Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Message To My Sisters

To my cheeky sister who left me this comment in response to my post about our insatiable compulsion to rate things:

"Maybe you & Adam should get involved with rating root beer or something."



She knew in fact that we were having a a root beer tasting party.  We invited over several other couples and handed out score cards and cups of root beer.

What is it about us and rating things?

For me it was one of our most enjoyable parties though.  (I would tell you which root beer won but there were strong opinions on all sides.  One root beer that a few of us had to pour on the lawn because it was nasty was the favorite of some others.)  We also played Hoopla.  When you play Hoopla you can't help but have a good time.  Especially if a certain Brent Johnson unnamed neighbor is there who is super competitive and tries to draw a picture of a voting booth.

To my complimentary sister who left me this comment:

"...all this time I thought you could beat Adam at Scrabble. What gives?"

I can't beat Adam at Scrabble.  It's Boggle that I can beat him at.  He offers to play it when I'm cranky because he knows it cheers me up to beat him.  (Not that I'm ever cranky...)

Adam can do strategy and you need strategy to win at Scrabble. 

To my doubting sister (same sister as the complimentary sister...I only have two sisters) who left me this comment:

"...was the spider really that big or was it an exaggeration?"


Yes it was.

The above picture is a different spider but representative of the creatures we get this time of year.  This little guy was in our coat closet freaking out Mark's freaky.  Braeden took a picture of it.  That's his hand.  It's gratifying that Braeden's not afraid. 

To both good sisters:

This morning I told Braeden he was handsome.  I said, "Do you get that a lot?"  He said, "Yes, from some people."

I said, "Who?"

He said, "My aunts."

Thanks for telling my boy he's handsome. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails