Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Celebrity Endorsement

If this were one of those blogs that lots and lots of people read and I was paid to endorse products, I know what I'd want to endorse.

It's important to figure these things out ahead of time.  Someday when I have more than my tens of readers, (Hello out there!  I love you for reading my blog!) I will be glad I've made the decision about what to endorse.  By then I may be really busy...

I would want to endorse Benefit Cosmetics.  Cosmetics are about as natural a fit for me and my skill set as nuclear physics (not at all).

Adam has turned me high maintenance though (I'm not complaining) by introducing me to Benefit because he works with them at Amazon.com.

(Isn't Adam a benefit in lots of ways?)

I don't know why I love Benefit so much.  It's not like I have much to compare them to in my repertoire of beauty products.  I love the packaging and snappy names.  (Confessions of a Concealaholic, Ooh La Lift, Some kind-a Gorgeous) I love how when I look at their catalog, it seems like it was written for a completely different person than me (someone who knows what primer is and the difference between concealer and foundation).  I love that the catalog makes me believe that maybe I too can become so well versed.  Maybe I'll slap some of that on my face and be a stunning beauty (ta-da!).

Maybe.

The other day, Adam needed me to order something from two different Benefit sites.  Whatever I wanted.  The only thing he needed was the packaging when it arrived.  And to watch me order it.

I agreed.  But only because I'm such a supportive wife.

I ordered some more Something about Sofia perfume.



  Because I love it.  Love.  What's a word that means more than love?  That's how I feel about that perfume.

I also ordered a Big Beautiful Eyes kit because why wouldn't I?

It arrived in a blaze of glory, wrapped up like a sassy pink confection:


How is it that that sticker makes me so happy?




It also came with some free samples.  (Notice, primer...now I know what it is.  Possibly?)


I decided to try out the Big Beautiful Eyes.


Big?  Beautiful?  I asked Adam if I had Big Beautiful Eyes and he was very diplomatic, "What do you think?" he asked.

"So no?" I said.

"You already were beautiful," he said.  He plays it safe, that one.

 In the end, I think what I love about Benefit is that it is fun.  Just fun.  And before my dad asks me, yes, I do have more to do than play with make-up on a grey afternoon.

But I don't want to do it.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.


(Coincidentally, Benefit's new website was launched in the middle of the night--because that's when new websites are launched.  Adam was in Seattle for the occasion.  He left here around 10:00 p.m. and got home...sometime but I was asleep so I couldn't tell you when.  I know he got home though because he's currently sleeping like a baby.  Or how you wish a baby would sleep when you're the sleep deprived mother.)

1 comment:

Susie and Jay Larson said...

What a cool job Adam has. I love Benefit's lipstick/gloss that even I can't mess up. I also have their mascara that feels very light. I grew up with 7 brothers and makeup was not part of my life. I am barely getting into it now. I love the packaging too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails