Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Try Something New

Friday, in honor of our new school year and the new frontiers we are vanquishing, we had a Try Something New party.

We went to a restaurant we'd never been to as a family.  Romios by Silver Lake.  It's one of the closest restaurants to our house but we hadn't been there.


the view from our table

We tried to order things we'd never had before.

Emma and Adam shared a Zorba pizza, complete with tzatziki sauce, gyro meat, olives, etc.

hmmmmmmmm...

I had the G.A.S.P. calzone. (garlic, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes and pesto)


I asked Adam after he took the picture if it was one of my oh-so-photogenic moments.  I guess we all know the answer now.

Still, look at that calzone...

The boys didn't like their food so much and the background music threatened to do Adam in.  I'm not sure we'll ever darken the door of Romios again.

(but maybe I'll go back alone because I liked my calzone)

When we got home, we played a new game that we now love:


Mark was continually told at the restaurant to calm down and lower his voice.  

Creationary was time for Mark to shine.  You don't have teams but if you did, there would be a scramble to be on Mark's team.

You draw a card then, like Pictionary except with Lego bricks, you try to get everyone to guess the picture on your card.


Mark did this cactus in about 30 seconds.  When it was anyone else's turn, we would stare at the bricks for a minute and had to consider what we were doing.

I told Mark that the next time he drives me crazy, I would remember how good he is at Creationary.

At bedtime, Mark crashed into me and stepped on me simply because he can't aim and does everything at full speed. (And Mark's big enough that it hurt.)

I said, "Mark, I'm remembering that alligator you made...you DO have talents."

(even if walking in a straight line isn't one of them)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very cool thing to do on a Friday night. My boys just spotted the pictures of the game. They want to come visit you so they can play. It may be cheaper to just buy the game here, but I agree with them that it would be so much more fun to come play it with the Davis family. Hope you have a good week.

Olivia Cobian said...

You're just new all over the place--new blog look, new restaurant, new game. I hope you're not looking for a new little sister.

Hannah Stevenson said...

Wowzers. All of these new frontiers! That calzone made me salivate...yum! I've never heard of that game but it looks like fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails