Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Compatible

Adam had a conversation with his friend Eric (esteemed husband of my esteemed friend Janet).  They were talking about birthdays and their spouses and eventually love languages and compatibility.  (They had a little time on their hands—at scout camp.)

Adam said Eric had asked him how Adam and I are compatible.  Besides camping (which I don't like) and taking walks (which he doesn't like) we like to do almost all of the same things.

One of them is the bizarre desire we have to rate things.  We always rate the shows we watch on Netflix and Hulu.  We made a rating system for episodes of Corner Gas, a Canadian TV show we love.  We have it all documented in a little notebook.  We rate for the sheer pleasure of rating.  I'm not sure what this says about us.

Yesterday I bought Adam a gift.  (I love giving gifts + I love Adam = I love giving Adam gifts.)


We shall now merrily critique our way through restaurants.  (Another thing we both love:  eating in restaurants.) Someday this little book I purchased will be a valuable resource to restaurant patrons everywhere.  We are philanthropic, really.  The world will thank us profusely for sharing our esteemed opinion.

In the meantime, we'll keep pretending.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Maybe you & Adam should get involved with rating root beer or something.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails