Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

A Tale of Two Toothbrushes

There are two types of people in the world:  people who are OK with sharing a toothbrush and people who aren't.

I'm an aren't.

(I also don't think anyone should lie on my pillow.  Bleck.)

Adam's much less squeamish about such things.  Recently, on a trip, I let him use my toothbrush because he forgot his.  I for sure love him, because I'm usually not so cavalier.  I mean, I brush my teeth with that thing.

The other night, Emma was in the shower after basketball practice and Mark needed to brush his teeth.  There comes a time when you just want the kids in bed so Adam took one for the team and let Mark brush his teeth in our bathroom and use his toothbrush.

You can imagine my horror when I went in the bathroom later and saw my toothbrush wet and slobbery on the side of the sink and Adam's hygienically still in the toothbrush holder.


Mark had used my toothbrush!

Here are our toothbrushes:

his and hers

Mark, being a red-blooded American second grader of course assumed his dad's toothbrush was the blue one.

But it isn't.  Adam's is the pink one.

We get our toothbrushes in mega packs from Costco and when we need a new one, we're too lazy enlightened to care about the color.

Mine is the blue toothbrush!

And I don't want to share!




Get some hot water! Get some disinfectant! Get some iodine!
 Lucy Van Pelt



I'd like to think that perhaps with this post I've scraped the bottom of blogging about petty trivialities but you never know with me.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm okay with using other people's toothbrushes, as Big Guy will tell you--but I've recently realized that I'm not okay with my kids using mine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails