Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

It Sounds More Impressive Than It Is

This week I had my first endeavor as an art docent.  It sounds very hoity-toity.  Marianne said I should put it on my resume.  (Not that I have a resume...but if I did.)

In the school where Emma attends, they have a parent run art program.  The lessons are all provided and the parents go to the classroom and teach about art.  And they are called art docents.

I loved every minute of it.  Teaching is exhilarating for me.  There is nothing like the look on a child's face when they suddenly take an interest in what you're saying or make a connection between new and already stored knowledge.  It made me happy.

Not that I'm in a hurry for my kids to grow up (I've considered inventing an anti-grow-up pill...in my spare time), but when they do (if I don't get the anti-grow-up pill perfected in time), you'll know where to find me.

I'll be in a classroom. 

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Lucky kids in your classroom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails