Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Waving a Magic Wand Over Our World

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Norman Vincent Peale



This weekend was a getting ready for Christmas sort of weekend. (Is there another kind in December?)  In addition to watching Mark's basketball game (with a disappointing end for him that was negated by a trip to The Blazing Onion and then a peppermint milkshake by Adam when we got home), we decked our halls some more.

We have one boy who has to help hang lights whether he likes it or not.


And another boy who is just itching to climb a ladder (but we'd rather he didn't).

last year that house wasn't there...they're closing in on me...



Our newest Christmas Bear (who was purchased at Yellowstone) made his appearance:

we haven't settled on a name yet

Mark and I played a "We Three Kings of Orient Are" duet...without a lot of matched tempo or rhythm.



And we decorated our other tree!


The reflected lights make it look like she has a rare skin disease...she doesn't.



I love all the ornaments on the tree...the shiny balls, the cross-stitched framed ornaments Adam's mom made me when we were first married, the ornaments from different trips, and our children's babyhood.

Perhaps my favorite though, are the really (really) ugly ones, those I made in elementary school, I've hung onto since my own childhood.  They melt my heart a little and conjure up memories of the fresh pine tree with fat colored lights in my parents' living room.

The whole reason we got out the camera and shook it into submission until it would work, was so we could document who got to put the angel on the tree...every year it is a question.  I take a picture every year so then we can have a record. (Not the most efficient method but it's worked so far.)

Except one thing, looking at the pictures I realized we forgot to put the angel on the top...

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I like your top. Emma looks so grownup and beautiful

Ammon said...

That looks wonderful and festive. But I can't overlook the fact that both of your sons are using a ladder in an unsafe manner. Safety first.

Thelma said...

They need an uncle to live closer and teach them proper ladder etiquette? rules? procedures? I think it would be worth it for you to move to Seattle. Think of the children! Think of the ladder accidents you could prevent!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails