Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Joy to the World

Here's me, feeling Christmas-y and wondering why I have that one stray straight piece of hair going across my forehead.


Usually the Christmas season finds me hurtling along, making preparations and forgetting at times what it is all for.

This year, I've had my hurtling moments of course, but less forgetting.  I guess you could blame it all on a series of unfortunate events that have transpired in the last several months.   Those events have culminated in Christmas being all the more meaningful to me.

Every time I reflect on not so much the birth, but the life of our Savior, I become speechless and tearful and oh, so grateful.  Because of Him, because of His great atoning sacrifice, everything that matters to me in my life is more complete.  More safe.  More real.  When I consider that incredible gift, I feel like the most bedecked house, the most over-the-top, merry festivities are not enough.  They will never be enough.

I guess what is enough, what will have to do, are those moments when I'm quiet.  Those moments when I do remember and vow to do better and be better. 

Merry Christmas from our house to your house.

I hope you have a wonderful celebration.  I hope you love and feel loved.

I hope you Remember.

I hope I do too.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

This is a great post and a great reminder to remember. I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails