Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Biggest Deal Since...Mark's Birthday





Last night was Mark's first cub scout meeting.  He went with the hat.  That hat must be the single dorkiest fashion option available to 8 year old boys.  Braeden insisted on one when he was a scout.  He wore it a few times then realized it was the single dorkiest fashion option available to 8 year old boys.  And we saved the hat?  How did that slip by?  I don't know but Mark found the hat and wanted to wear it.

I'll just have to wait until he makes the discovery.

The single dorkiest fashion option available to 8 year old boys discovery.

What a cute boy though, huh?  Maybe if you have those big brown eyes you can pull it off.  (Maybe I'm his slightly prejudiced mother...)

Mark loved his first pack meeting.  He even behaved pretty well.  Before we left Adam showed him tips and tricks for proper neckerchief placement and cautioned him to "obey the laws of the pack".





In other words, refrain from running around like a banshee.

There are fabulous leaders that make cub scouts very fun.  I know he's going to have a great time.  And that makes me grateful as his mother.

Perhaps the highlight of last night was the surprise visitor at the end:






Santa Claus!!!









Whatever Mark wants, it's top secret.



P.S. Please notice how expertly those patches were sewn on Mark's shirt.  My life's work.


P.P.S. Lest I get criticism constructive comments from my dear nieces, I promise to not blog about Mark tomorrow.  I know you want his siblings to get equal billing.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

What an adorable scout!! He can pull off that hat if anyone can.

Melanee said...

What a cute boy. And as a cub scout leader you have just motivated me to try a little harder to be a better leader.

Janet said...

We do have amazing Scout leaders--Cub and otherwise. What a blessing! And what a darling new Cub Scout--I agree with his prejudiced mother. ;)

Olivia Cobian said...

I like the hat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails