Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Letters for My Valentines



Dear Mark,

I love the way you kiss me when you're bored (about 20,000 times during church).

I love how you imagine up scenarios that crack you up and make me laugh too. (I'm talking about you, grasshoppers wielding grass swords determined to take the next hill.)

I love your encouraging words when I was afraid my fondant (for chocolate covered cherries) would fail.  "It's OK if it doesn't work Mom.  There's always cheese.  Would cheese cheer you up?"



Dear Emma,

I love how seriously you take your schoolwork and how stoic you are about your backpack that weighs as much as a Volkswagen.

I love the way you play The Can-Can over and over on the piano, transposing it to different keys.  (You can stop now though.  Really, you can can.)

I love how much fun you are to shop with.



Dear Braeden,

I love how excited you were for your first band concert and the way your cheeks puffed out when you played your tuba.

I love that even though I'm not cheerful when I wake you up in the morning, you always are.

I love your sense of humor.



Dear Adam,

I love the way you make everything more fun...you even made up new rules to the card game War so it's less mind numbing when I'm trying to subdue Mark in restaurants.

I love how when I emailed you to ask you to be my date for a Valentine's party you wrote back "Yes, a thousand times yes."  Then there were 1000 yeses.  I love that you know how to make the computer do clever things like that.

I love that you have a meaningful relationship with each one of our children.  (I love that we have children together.)



I love that you are my family.  I love you for your furniture moving and new recipe tasting and the way you forgive my follies.  Even though I'm a pretty good dreamer, my life is better than I ever dreamed it would be.

You're why.


Last night I tried to take a simple picture of my dearly beloveds under the soft and cuddly and enormous blanket I shamelessly stole  got at the insistence of the Williams at the Valentine's party.  


It would make a good picture right?


And simple to take?  Simple?


Sheesh.







Adam's fault

again...he thinks he's so funny

You know what?

Never mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

Oh, sorry. I'm not signed in and I can't bear to lose these thoughts I've so carefully framed so I am going to go anonymous. Love, M

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails