Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ambition

If I was granted one wish it could be to get more sleep.

I could wish for better skills formatting my blog (Adam would appreciate that...yesterday's post with it's wonky fonts tormented him a little.  I predicted it would but I got tired of trying to fix it and gave up).

I could wish for sunny days.

I could wish for world peace, a vacation, or to live next door to my sisters.

But what I would wish for?  I wish I could close my pantry doors.

There's a bag of wheat, a bag of rice, a bag of oats, and a bag of gluten flour all on the floor.  Then, there are various items that get knocked off the shelves from our darling children.  All of this blocks the doors.  I put things back on the shelves.  I smoosh the bags of grain (they're all smooshable).  But it all lasts for maybe 20 seconds and then goes right back to how it was before.

The realization of this dream (for a closed pantry) would take me figuring out a new home for many many things.

I don't want to do that.

I just want to keep wishing.

Do you think it will work?

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Hey Willie the Wisher, I got rid of Clarissa for two days and I've slept in. It's been like heaven. I think I'm going to get rid of her more often.

Rachel said...

Hey Thelma!!!
This is Rachel (Chadwick). I found your blog by way of... well, a long way, but it doesn't really matter. I have so enjoyed reading some of your entries. So fun to see you, your beautiful family, and read your writing. It's very entertaining and I've enjoyed it immensely. I'll check back often. Have a great day.

Olivia Cobian said...

My whole house is like your pantry. You ought to see my wishlist!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails