Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Now Are We Going to Celebrate Half Anniversaries?



Adam and I took a quick trip to one of my favorite places, Salt Lake City.  I love the mountains there.  I love the memories I have of there (mostly involving my grandma).  I love the history that is there.  I love my history that is there.

I was emotional.

Am I getting more emotional as I get older?  Do I have more water in my head than I used to?  Will I ever run out?

Adam pointed out on Friday that it was our 15 1/2 year anniversary.  Fifteen and-a-half years later, we went back to the beginning.

Will forever with Adam be long enough?


The Salt Lake Temple is the most meaningful place on earth for me.  It is where our family began.  It is where my parents' family began.  It's where my grandparents' families began (both sets).  It's quite a place.  My spirit stills when I turn into the gates of Temple Square.  A powerful hush quiets other cares and the significance of the place brings a sharp focus to my perspective.



I wish I could live there.

Maybe I'd be a better person.

In a delightful turn of events, we got to have dinner with two of my brothers and their dear wives on Friday night.  It took a little phone work to coordinate it.



Then some more.



If you knew Enoch, you'd understand.

I love my brothers.  I love their wives.

I don't love this picture.

me, Melanee, Cormac (really), Ammon, Jennifer and Enoch

Besides the obvious (Why, yes, I am the least photogenic person in America.  Thanks for noticing.), Cormac, who is photogenic, is not pictured.  He's behind my head.  Darn.

Here's a shot of him (snatched from Melanee's blog), for good measure.

I love this guy.


Saturday, and the reason for our trip, we attended the sealing of Adam's cousin Jamie and her husband Tice in the Salt Lake Temple.  Ashton was sealed to them.

 It was a happy occasion.  (I cried.)

Sadly, this is the best picture I got of their family (seriously?!?).  There's Ashton, Jamie and Tice all dressed in white.

Adam has some really nice cousins.  Knowing them is an unexpected* bonus of marrying him.

Adam's cousin Pam, me, Adam, Jamie, her mom Kathy, Adam's cousin Kara and her children and Geri who we happily traveled with.


*Unexpected, kind of like riding in Enoch and Jennifer's Freightliner truck which probably deserves a blog post all its own.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It was so wonderful to see you and Adam. I really wish we could see you guys more often. I look forward to the Freightliner post. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails