Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Geography and Blow Dryers

In December, when I was in my hair salon, my hairstylist was chatting with me about holiday plans.  She wondered if I was going to be visiting my family.  I told her no, they live too far away.  She asked me where.  I told her Nevada.  She said, "Does that border Washington?"

Very gently I told her no.

Yesterday, when I was in my hair salon, the hairstylist twirling around the person in the chair next to mine was chatting with her client.  The stylist said, "She's from the East Coast, Colorado I think."

The client said, "Do you mean Connecticut?  Colorado isn't on the East Coast."

"No I know it was Colorado.  It's in the East anyway."

Wow.

Elementary teachers everywhere just cried a little.

After cutting my hair, my hairstylist asked me if I wanted her to do a curly style or a straight style.  In the history of Thelma I don't think I've ever had a straight style so I said, "Why not?"

And look at this:


I am confident that I could place every state in our union, probably name the capitals too.  I am equally confident I could never make my wonky curly hair look like this again.  She used a blow dryer!  I think she's magic.  There's more to life than geography!

A few more shots.



I can't get over myself.  I look so different.




And like Cinderella, now the spell is broken and I'm back to frizz and corkscrew curls and who knows what popping out of my head.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow! I also love those perfect eyebrows (your finest feature) that are arched so beautifully in that last shot.

Janet said...

So pretty--both ways . . . curls or no curls! It's fun to have options.

Olivia Cobian said...

Nice new do. Nice new cam.

Katie said...

It looks great!

Whitney Shane said...

I love your hair!! You could do this yourself. I couldn't do it with a hair dryer, but I could with a flat iron. I am more than happy to teach you how. I promise it's not too hard :)

Have fun getting Emma's hair done today

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails