Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Randomness for a Thursday

The good news is that we got our new camera.

The bad news is that now I can no longer blame the old camera if my pictures are blurry.

The good news is that the new camera came with a hefty instruction manual.

The bad news is that the new camera came with a hefty instruction manual.

I don't want to read that thing.






Emma told me she couldn't decide what to put on the back of her FPS sweatshirt.

I said, "Your name?"

She said, "No.  Everyone puts nicknames."

I said, "Leena?"  It is her nickname for reasons too long to describe.

She said, "No.  No one will understand why that's my nickname."

"Do you have a nickname that people at school know?"

"No, Mom.  You don't get this at all, do you?"



About a year ago in a burst of ambition I suggested to my walking buddy Stephanie that we should train to run in a 5K race.  I think I was craving a sense of accomplishment.  A "There, I did it!"

She said no.

I felt a little relieved.  Because that would have been hard.

Now Jill walks with us and she, ladies and gentlemen, is a runner.  One day when I wasn't walking Jill and Stephanie talked about running.  (I don't know whose idea it was.)

We have been mulling the idea over and telling Jill if we're going to do it, she has to help us. Yesterday we decided:  we're going to start running on Monday.  Don't be impressed.  We're doing a "Couch potato to 5K" program that Jill is instructing us in.  I think she's going to go pretty easy on us.

But really, how easy will it be?  It's running after all.

I think I'm nervous.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow! I am impressed. I love the idea of being a runner. My body just doesn't love how it feels when I run. Best of luck

Camille said...

I'm impressed too. I LOVE the couch to 5K plan. I may have to do it again on March 30th after my official 6 weeks post baby are up. It's going to be hard, but I can't wait. And really, come on, you're not starting from the couch! You're already doing half the work by getting outside and moving! Good luck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails