Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

My New Camera

I have wanted to figure out my new camera.  I have been intimidated by the instruction manuals and inhibited by busy life but yesterday I buckled down and figured it out.

At least the basics.

There are a lot of things I don't understand yet (actually I probably will never figure them out if I'm being honest...I just like to dip my toe in instructions, not immerse).  Random letter and number combinations attached to the dials are mysteries.  I was ready to snap some pictures though.

Here's what Mark did yesterday:


He wrote what would happen without the Sun.  He labored away in his painstaking way then read it aloud to me.  He was aghast when he realized he'd written "We would not have no food."  Then he thought it was funny.  Then he said, "It's like a leprechaun wrote this!"

(Did you know leprechauns are known for their double negatives?  I didn't know.  But then, I'm not Irish.)

Mark also wrote, "I live in a hole."  Perhaps (to him) that would also explain the grammar?

I also took a picture of our new pet!  Did you know we have a new pet?  His name is Horace Vandergelder and he's a goat.


If you don't get too alarmed by his slightly crazy eyes, he's adorable isn't he?  Adam's mom gave him to us for our yard but I think I want him inside.  Adam and I are delighted by Horace Vandergelder.  Adam said, "It's like having a cute little dog but with none of the downside."

I always thought we weren't pet people but I think Horace Vandergelder is convincing me otherwise.  (They're less trouble than I thought.)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails