Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Some Things I've Noticed

Mark is encouraging.

For math he had a "Check the Story Problems" assignment.  He had to correct the fictional Rosa's work and if it was wrong, he needed to find the right answer.



Mark said Rosa should probably leave town while she still has some dignity.  He might want to consider a career in motivational speaking.

Mark is pretty conventional in his Lego building.  He builds the sets according to the directions, never mixing or matching.  He's a direction follower.




Mark is also a fastidious and tidy child.

Mark's a little standoffish when it comes to hugging.



Mark doesn't express his emotions much.


(especially when math and "Rosa" are involved)

Mark is a little camera shy.



Mark is usually one to understate his feelings.

Mark and Gavin were playing on the Wii.  Mark was approaching a new level and Gavin wanted to take over the controls to help him through.  "No,"  Mark yelled, "Let me do this! You know this is epic for me."

"You're right," Gavin said seriously.

And they played on.

Mark should be a philosopher.  Over soup at lunch, Mark was questioning me about hanging upside and eating.  Could it be done?  Did you need gravity to swallow?  I made a guess that yes, it could be done but it would be hard.  (I have no idea.)

Mark said wisely, "You can fight gravity, but you can't win."  Then with a wry little grin he said, "Unless you have surprise on your side."

I think he was joking.  I think that little grin meant he was trying to be funny.  But I've known Mark for eight years and I wonder.  Maybe it explains a lot about him that he thinks he can catch gravity off guard some day.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

What a clever and lovely post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails