Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

When I Turned 38, I Ate (and ate)

If you're narcissistic enough to have a blog in the first place, I think it's a foregone conclusion that you're narcissistic enough to think everyone probably wants to hear about your birthday?

Am I right?

Is anyone still reading?

I think I deserve a medal because on my BIRTHDAY I:

went for a run
taught Mark school
washed a load of laundry
took Braeden to the orthodontist
and
loaded the dishwasher

What kind of responsible citizen am I?

Don't be too impressed though because I:

didn't fold the laundry
was so late for Braeden's appointment they had to reschedule
and
ate 10,000 times the calories I burned on the run

I was late for the appointment because I was having lunch with Jill and Stephanie which turned into lunch and then frozen yogurt (because when you eat one of those enormous Chipotle burritos isn't the next logical step dessert?--see above:  ate 10,000 times the calories I burned on the run).

Besides that I talked on the phone and felt facebook love and told Mark it was OK he didn't have a gift for me.  Also I was given wonderful gifts from Janet and my visiting teachers and Geri (who not only gave us a bike rack for our van--which is exciting--but took Mark so while Braeden and Emma were at YM/YW Adam and I could go out...and eat 10,000 times the calories I burned on the run).

Adam and I went to Arnie's and ate overlooking the Puget Sound.  It was gorgeous.  I ate a small(ish) dinner to make room for the exquisite creme brulee.  If I could write a love sonnet, it would be about creme brulee.  It is perfect and divine and so good that I'm running out of words to describe it...

And besides that, it was gloriously sunny all day.  A few people took credit for ordering up the perfect weather for my birthday.  Braeden told me that the little man who paints the clouds in the sky didn't today in honor of my birthday.

Maybe Braeden doesn't have a future in meteorology...




Thank you everyone for the cards and gifts and phone calls and love and sunshine.  I am a lucky girl.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm going to use your birthday to justify all the eating I've been doing lately. Hey, I'm just celebrating!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails