Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How To Get Out of School Activities

I didn't initially think I should blog about this because it doesn't exactly paint me in the best light but my imaginary friend, Stie, is hosting a How To link party and I'm in.  I don't know her in person but I have walked a mile in her shoes so I think that counts for something.

I happily wanted to oblige and write a How To except then I was stuck.  I don't know how to do anything that everyone else doesn't also know how to do.  And better.

So I dug deep.  I pondered.  I realized I really do have skills.  And I'm happy to share.

Last week was "Turn Off the TV" week at Emma's school.  This wasn't very hard for our family since we don't get any good channels are pretty much perfect in every way.  The school had two evening activities scheduled during the week, I guess to fill the long and lonesome hours without TV.  Our evenings are already filled enough.  But Emma wanted to go to the activities.

I would rather go to the dentist than an evening school activity.

And that's saying something.

On further inquiry, I learned that the reason Emma wanted to go was because her teacher was holding a little drawing for money towards a book order and you got your name in an extra time for each of the activities you attended.  Emma was gunning for $10 in free book order money.

I said, "How about if I pay you $10 not to go?" (and not to ask about it again)

She said, "Done."



And THAT is how to get out of going to school activities.  You're welcome.

Go here if you want to read posts from actually knowledgeable people:

6 comments:

Christie said...

You are a mad genius, and that is the best ten dollars spent in the history of mankind. I will be absolutely copying you.

Thanks so much for playing along! You are awesome.

P.S. I totally pretend we're friends, too. Once I started a sentence with "My friend Thelma..." and I realized Mindy was there and you were really her friend. It was funny.

Karey said...

This post has me shaking with laughter. I LOVE IT! I've got to adopt this because I'm with you all the way on evening school activities. Sign me up for a colonoscopy and that would come first!

A couple of years ago, we were in the middle of a move and used this method to get out of Halloween. $10 and a movie, and I didn't have to worry about costumes, or taking my kids around a neighborhood I didn't know.

Money is GOOD!

Lala said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!

Juli said...

I paid my kids to get hair cuts this weekend.

Genius.

Love and Money run the world my friend, LOVE AND MONEY.

Cares and Mimi said...

Hee heee heeee heee heeee! I can't stop laughing. You rock!

Katie said...

I think this post is filled with knowledge!
Very smart, indeed.

I look forward to more of your knowledgable how-to's in the future.

Ps how did your necklace trick work?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails