Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Books I Read in March

I Remember Nothing: and Other Reflections

I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron ***
I love Nora Ephron.  She's witty and a great writer and this book didn't disappoint.

Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture 
Cinderella Ate My Daughter by Peggy Orenstein **
I already blogged about this book.  It was something.


Kindred (Bluestreak) 
Kindred by Octavia Butler **
This book had time travel.  I like time travel.  This book had elements of history.  I like history.  This book was violent.  And I don't like that.  It was set in 1976 and also in the Antebellum South, which was neither a pleasant or safe place for slaves.  


The Girls from Ames: A Story of Women and a Forty-Year Friendship 
The Girls from Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow *
I tried to like this book more.  It is about women and their friendships!  What's not to love?  There was nothing really compelling about the book and I realized I didn't even really like these women very much, let alone have the ability to keep them straight (it's about eleven friends).  I wanted to give it more of a chance because it was a "National Bestseller," but I finally quit reading it.  I had four other books on my shelf waiting to be read.  (It's disappointing when National Bestsellers dissatisfy.  I know that it shouldn't surprise me if I'm out of step with what a lot of people apparently love--I mean The Bachelor is still on the air isn't it?  But I expect more out of book readers somehow...)


A book I'm still reading:

Wish You Well 
Wish You Well by David Baldacci

I don't remember reading this book.  It is vaguely familiar and the characters are dimly recognizable.  This is why I'm recording here what I read.  Because I don't remember and it drives me crazy.  (I'm liking Wish You Well by the way...again?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails