Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Conundrums

1) I used to listen to country music all the time.  KRJC from Elko, Nevada to be exact.  I loved it.  Now when I listen to country music it sounds whiny and yowling and utterly disagreeable.  It burns my ears.

I don't know why the difference.

2) I would never have voted for Hillary Clinton for president.  I don't agree with her politics.  But when I hear her talking trash to Gaddafi on NPR, it's heartening to me.  I feel like we're in good hands with her as Secretary of State.

I don't know why the difference.

3) I love Christmas decorations.  It makes me happy to see Christmas decorations in stores...even cheesy ones I would never put in my house.  Same goes for Valentine's Day.  St. Patrick's Day and especially Easter decorations are repellent to me. (Halloween too but I dislike everything about Halloween so that's not surprising.)  Even though I have nothing against St. Patrick's Day and Easter is one of my favorite holidays, their decorations assault me with their garishness.

I don't know why the difference.

4) Soon I'll pull out my "Easter Box" from my garage. I have a few kitschy Easter decorations that don't bother me a bit. Unlike the very similar things I see in the store, I think mine are kind of cute.

I don't know why the difference.

None of this is in danger of keeping me up at night.  But still.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails