Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Home School

Things are pretty exciting around our school days.  Pret-ty exciting.

Yesterday morning, I gave Mark a grammar assessment.  He said, "I need to put on my thinking cap for this one."

I looked over at him.

How cute is this kid?

Later, I was reading to Mark and he was running his fingers through the tangles that are my hair.  He decided he wanted to comb my hair.  I told him later.

Later came and Mark led me into our bathroom.  He had a stool for me to sit on and he'd assembled some accoutrements for the job...a hairbrush, a spray bottle, a blow dryer.

Oh boy.

You can tell by looking at me that I don't know a lot about hair but I know one thing.  If you brush curly hair too much, it gets really frizzy, fast.

Mark discovered this great truth too.  He kept brushing and saying, "Hmmmm....it's not going flat."  Then he sprayed me with a generous dose of water from the spray bottle and turned the blow dryer on.  Then he forgot himself and the blow dryer became a gun...

He started digging in a drawer and found some clips and barrettes and was VERY satisfied with his results.

He took pictures.


just a little bit frizzy...
It was lovely.


Mark was a little offended that I didn't keep it that way all day.

Then Mark went to his room and started filming himself making crazy movies.  It's a favorite pastime.  These particular movies involved him, a dinosaur and certain death and doom to the villagers.  He brought me the camera and told me it was about out of battery.

I started walking downstairs with it to where the charger is located.  I started to open the camera while I walked because what a time saver!

Then I slipped.

And bump bump bumped all the way down the stairs (at least until the landing).  Mark flew to my side, "Mom, mom, mom..."  (I think he was worried about who would make lunch.)

Once he knew I was alive, he thought it was terribly delightful and loved to recreate the scene for me.

I sustained one injury besides the affliction of having an eight year old laugh at me all day.

ignore the creepy veins...they were already like that and have nothing to do with the injury
I really feel like we learned across the curriculum.  Kind of a holistic learning sort of day.

1 comment:

Janet said...

What special memories you are making with your boy. I hope your toe is ok. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails