Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How to Feel Better About Giving Your Children Pancakes for Dinner



Recently when I knew Adam wouldn't be home for dinner, my lofty thoughts of pork chops fell flat.  It's no fun to make dinner when Adam's not going to be home.

I contemplated my options and decided pancakes sounded like a very fine dinner.  Then I remembered this recipe my irritatingly virtuous inspiring sisters that don't eat white sugar or white flour gave me.

It made me feel better about pancakes for dinner.  (And they taste really good.)

Peanut Butter Pancakes (makes 16):

2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 c. wheat flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter

Mix it all together in a normal pancake fashion and cook in a normal pancake fashion.

If you want to throw a few chocolate chips on, I will not judge you (or tell my sisters).


If you add a little smiley face out of chocolate chips, I will not judge you.



I love these topped with Greek yogurt but my kids doused them in syrup.

(Does that negate the whole no white sugar/no white flour thing?  I'm going with no.  Syrup doesn't count.)

10 comments:

Christie said...

These sound DIVINE! And, of course, at our house we would be adding the chocolate chips, too. And, undoubtedly, large piles of syrup. Yum!

Suzanne said...

Nice! I'm always on the lookout for good whole wheat recipes! =) This is definitely one for the files.

Cathy said...

Yum! Those look scrumptious.

Karey said...

These look so good and healthy. And by the way, breakfast for dinner is a time-honored tradition at my house. We have omelettes, waffles, pancakes or german pancakes about once a week.

Donna said...

I'm using this recipe! Thanks!!

Cares and Mimi said...

This just may be what's for dinner in our home tonight - yum!

Anonymous said...

.I like them best with applesauce. Signed--an annoying sister

Olivia Cobian said...

I love how nutty these are. They just have more substance than regular pancakes. I don't think there's any shame in having breakfast for dinner. I prefer them with plain yogurt--I don't know if my yogurt is Greek or not. It was talking, but whatever it said was all Greek to me. That was kind of silly. Sorry.

Clarissa Johnson said...

I put peanut butter on them. I know they are already peanut butter pancakes, but I love peanut butter!

Juli said...

We use Gluten free mix for our pancakes... which we eat at least once a week for dinner.

Never thought about adding peanut butter.. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails