Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring

I remember that I used to like spring when I was growing up.  It was my favorite season.  I loved the tentatively warm sunshine.  I loved the brave little buttercups poking up amongst the sagebrush.  I loved shedding gloves and heavy coat and especially cumbersome snow boots.

Now spring makes me cranky.  I complain more about the weather in spring than any other time.  The endless rainy/cloudy mild days wear me down.  Maybe because we've had rainy/cloudy mild days since October.  Yes, there is a lot more light.  Yes, flowers and trees are blossoming.  Yes, the grass is vivid and lush and so very green.

But I've got to get out of here.

What makes it worse is when a day like Friday comes along.  It was the first officially sunny day in 41 days.  (It has be less than 30% cloudy to considered officially sunny...according to the weatherman.)  Friday was glorious.  I spread out my new rug on the deck.

See how some of the deck stain is wearing away after only one year?  That's unrelated to this post, but what gives?
I knew as I was spreading the rug that I was setting myself up for disappointment.  It's not deck weather yet.  I'll probably have to roll the rug back up so it doesn't float away. Or mold.

I know.  Just call me Pollyanna.

Since it was sunny though, we headed to our favorite street, the one we'll live on when we decide to become bank robbers and can afford it:

Grand Avenue:




I'll keep referring back to these pictures until July.  They might help me through.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

How can anyone with a deck like that be cranky?

Olivia Cobian said...

Your deck is beautiful. I love the way your rug looks with your chairs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails