Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

A Good Idea

It has been parent teacher conferences at both Braeden's and Emma's schools.  It meant they got out of school early all week.  Besides wreaking havoc on my home school efforts with Mr. Mark, it's been lovely to have them home more.

I am thrilled next week is Spring Break.

Of all the things I miss about home schooling and having Emma and Braeden around all day, I've missed the spontaneous quirky sideshow they provide the most.

A few days ago, when things were relaxed and less frenetic than they have seemed to be lately, Braeden opened a jar of peanut butter.

He inhaled the scent and said he wished he had a peanut butter scented candle.

Then he said it looked like a candle. He said, "I just need a wick."

Then I slipped a spaghetti noodle into the peanut butter and pulled the matches out of the cupboard.


Is there a point to this post?  Probably not.  I just love Braeden. He makes me happy every single day of my life whether or not the peanut butter candle idea pans out or not.


 A good idea...sons
Eric Sykes

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Thelma,
My kids just eat it right out of the jar. We go through it like water!

Guess What? Our adoption is final! But I am waaaaaay behind b/c for the longest time we couldn't write anything about the girls until it was official. There's a few pictures of AnnaLeigh and Sharly up now, take a peek ;).

Marianne said...

I missed your blog when I was gone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails