Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Life With Adam

There was a day last week that I told Adam I wanted to go somewhere pretty.  "Pretty?" he asked.  I told him I was thinking a stroll along the river or the waterfront.  If there's one thing we've got around here, it's pretty.

After dinner we set out.  There are some things about Adam:  when I order up something, he delivers; he is spontaneous and open for pretty much anything; also, sometimes he attracts magic.

We were driving across the valley and hot air balloons ascended into the sky before our eyes.  Hot air balloons are not an uncommon sight, we often see them across the valley out our front door, but there was something about the quality of light, the unexpected appearance of something so graceful and wonderful.  It was a little bit spellbinding.  We abandoned riparian pursuits and instead followed the balloon.



We drove along a beautiful road, surrounded by trees and fields and a whole lot of pretty.

zipping by the scenery

 I exclaimed, "I have never been on this road!"

Adam assured me I had.

I assured him I would remember if I had been on the road.

He assured me I had been on that road.

Then we passed Craven Farm which we've been to several times.

Oh.

When we ran out of road, we turned around and went home.  Satisfied.

This week, Adam had a new idea.  He took us to downtown Everett to play the piano.

Like I said, Magic.


It was an event called Street Tunes in Everett.  Scattered throughout downtown were pianos that artists had painted.  That night, they were covered in plastic.  Oh, didn't you hear?  We get a little rain here. 

Emma played a little Fur Elise sans the wonky notes with keys that didn't work.



We went to the next piano but it was padlocked.  So I got distracted by a store window display.
That sort of looks like my bike...maybe I need that coat...
 We got back on track down the street a ways and found another piano.  I played the one and only song I have memorized, "The Entertainer." 


Mark took a turn (complete with sucker in mouth).


Braeden played "The Piano Man."


 And I got distracted again by the beautiful surroundings.






Adam finds magic.  Or magic finds Adam.  Either way.  I'm glad.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Great, pretty photos! What a fun family time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails