Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

You Never Know

I am sitting in a sweatshirt on August 10.  By now I shouldn't be expecting summer.  I know.  I should have let that expectation die but I can't help it.

I just want a little summer.

A little heat.

Warm toes.

There are things like this frigid summer we're having that are unanticipated.

And then there's Braeden, writing.

It's downright astounding.

Because he has never wanted to write.  He hated it in fact.  It was incredibly hard for him.  For his school assignments he'd write the bare minimum that he could get away with.  He'd abbreviate.  He'd misspell everything.

Then he learned to type.



The ideas that simmer in his mind and have simmered there for years are coming up to the surface.  He's zipping through his other work so he can write his story.  He asks me to read it from time to time.

And that makes me happier than you would believe.

Even if my feet are seriously freezing cold.  (I should put on socks but it. Is. August.)




P.S.  Mindy, Adam and I already decided a trip to St. Louis was a must on our trip to Nauvoo! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails