Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Today

Lucky for Mark, cub scout day camp isn't over yet.  He loves it.  Loves it.

Lucky for me, my gig for cub scout day camp IS over.

Today I will get caught up on all the things around our house that have been neglected (laundry, cleaning, laundry, did I mention laundry?).

Or maybe I will sit on the couch and stare into space and try to bounce back from teaching 200 cub scouts how to fold an American flag, how to conduct a flag ceremony, what the words in the Pledge of Allegiance mean (allegiance: to be true), and what important days the U.S. flag is flown. 

Don't think 200 cub scouts weren't fascinated by all of this information.  Compared to shooting arrows and fishing and hammering, my citizenship class was a thrilling camp favorite.

That's what I'll be telling myself while I sit on the couch and stare into space.

Recovery might take some time.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Congratulations on surviving!

Olivia Cobian said...

You're such a good woman to give so much to those little scouts! They're lucky to have you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails