Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

All Ready For Next Year

Last week was Curriculum Night at Emma's school.

We were given our student's schedule then we went to 10 minute periods with each teacher.  They told us things like their grading policy and how to get in touch with them.  They also told us how to find out what the assignments were...how we could find them on their websites.

This always makes me feel confused...wait, do I need to do these assignments?  I think I got all of the micromanaging of my children's educations out of my system when I homeschooled them.

I went to the gym for Emma's P.E. class.  I walked in and someone asked, "Are you here for 8th grade P.E.?"  I said yes because, you know, I was there for 7th grade P.E.

I walked across the front of the bleachers and sat on the front row...as far away from the door as I could get.

Then the teacher started speaking.

Wait, that's not Emma's teacher.


Wait, Emma's not in 8th grade.

I couldn't leave.  1) They had specifically asked me if I was there for 8th grade.  (And I had said yes.)  2) I would have to walk in front of everyone to leave.  3) I felt like the teacher was directing all his remarks straight at me.  (Braeden, who had him last year--you know, in 8th grade--said he makes you feel that way.)

So I sat there and listened.  I'd like to think that rather than missing out on what Emma's actual P.E. teacher had to say, I am way ahead of the game.

I'm ready for next year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails