Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Change

I have a love/hate relationship with change (not the kind you get at the store when you pay with cash, the other kind).

I don't like changing my schedule or plans.  I don't like changing my wake up time (because it's always a change for the earlier).  I don't like when people die or move away.  I don't like when children grow up.

Also, it depresses me when people express the sentiment that everything changes, whether it's bad and will get better or good and will get worse.

I don't want to think about things that are great, changing.

But then there's the kind of change I love.  The kind of change I crave and need or else I start getting itchy all over (figuratively itchy).

I love rearranging things (mostly furniture).  I love organizing.  I love new nail polish colors.  I love new recipes.  I love changing seasons.  Every season comes packed with different foods to enjoy, different light quality, different weather, different clothing, different ornamentation to scatter around my house.  There is nothing as exhilarating as the first sunny day you wear short sleeves and feel plenty warm unless it's the first delicious day of wearing a toasty sweater.

So as the seasons change, I'm happy.  I am gathering up seashells and bright floral pillows and making things cozy and autumnal.



Switcheroo.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

You have such cute things!

Susie said...

Love your fall decor!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails