Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Personally

Yesterday at lunch Mark was telling me some involved description that involved Legos or Star Wars or both and I was listening...more or less. I was also thumbing through the Yale Alumni magazine that Adam had left on the table. I turned to the personal ads which are my favorite part.

I wonder what I would write if I were to write one of my own.

I used one of the personal ads in the magazine to get me started.  Here's what some dazzlingly confident person wrote:

Abiding Curiosity, Adventuresome Spirit, great smile, healthy irreverence. Companionable, very good-looking blonde--toned, easygoing, quick to laugh, eager to learn.  Slender, athletic, self-professed foodie, avid aspiring photographer.  Lively, generous, philanthropic, proactive.  Seldom complains ("unless I've just hit tennis ball over the fence").  Loves a challenge:  composing photo shots, skiing headwall, streamlining committee programs, working on advocacy case.  Game to do nearly anything.  Passionate traveler:  Myanmar, Paris, Savannah, trekking Grand Canyon.  Loves being home:  cozying up with book, cooking for friends, sneaking out to local Philharmonic or movie.  Seeking athletically inclined, fit, savvy, professional 58-78 man, 5'9"+, curiosity to travel, explore the world.


And so here's mine:


Mildly Curious, Mostly Don't Care, needed braces twice, rarely swears.  Companionable, very curly brown hair--not all that toned, a little high strung, quick to laugh, reluctant to learn.  Nonathletic, foodie, least photogenic person in America.  Busy, preoccupied, try to be helpful and serve others but sometimes miss the mark.  Complains a lot (doesn't know how to play tennis).  Usually steers clear of anything too challenging:  takes fuzzy pictures, can't ski (doesn't know what skiing headwall means), cub scout leader, broke the copy machine every time volunteered at school.  Game to do what I want to do.  Passionate traveler:  Nevada, Lake Chelan, London, trekking IKEA.  Loves being home: cozying up with book, cooking for friends and family, sneaking out to local Village Theater or movie.  Seeking handsome, patient, long suffering, witty man exactly the same age as me (same birthday a must), 6', curiosity to travel, explore the world (as long as it doesn't involve camping). 



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love your wit and humor, Thelma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails