Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Three Haircuts

I cut Adam's hair and I cut Braeden's hair.  I do an OK job.  I usually take Mark to Titi who is as friendly and gracious as she is good with the thick red curls of a restless 8 year old.  She's been cutting Mark's hair for years and she even patiently listens to his non-stop chatter.

There's only one problem with Titi.  She works two days a week and she is very popular.  She works at Great Clips, where you don't get an appointment, you just walk in.  But then you wait and wait and wait for Titi because there's always a line.  The other three women that work there have nothing to do when Titi is working because everyone is willing to wait for her.  ( I wonder if they love that or hate that.)

I decided that to save time (and a little money), I could cut Mark's hair.

So I did.

We cleaned up the copious amounts of hair (it's not for nothing that Braeden and Emma try to convince Mark that he's really a Sasquatch and their own brother is really living with a Sasquatch family in the forest...Braeden says, "Poor hairless kid.  He's our real brother.") and Mark took a shower and got dressed.

Then I started looking at him.

I told him the bad tidings that I needed to cut his hair again because I hadn't done a good job.

Mark sighed and complained but complied.

The next day, I started looking at Mark's hair some more.  "I need to cut it again," I told him.  The front was longer than the rest.

Mark said no.  Enough is enough.

So I bribed him with a trip to Skinny Dip for frozen yogurt.  He finally relented.  This time I got the clippers and removed all of my little Sasquatch's hair...he's down to fuzzy remnants.

It was the only way.

I told Adam, "I just wanted to save time and money."

"How's that working for you?" he asked.

Not well.

Titi is decidedly worth the wait.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails