Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

How Lake Chelan is Different than Las Vegas

Apparently what happens in Lake Chelan does not stay in Lake Chelan.

After we watched Kungfu Panda 2, Mark was still thinking about the panda's parents leaving him behind.  He said, "You'd never leave me, would you Mom?"

"Of course not," I said.

"Except in Lake Chelan,"  Emma muttered.


We don't talk about that.  We are forgetting it ever happened.  It's just that I'm the only one that remembers that we are supposed to forget about it. 

We're going to Lake Chelan today.  We're going to bask in dry heat and splash in cold water and zip around on waverunners (well, I'm not much of a zipper...I'm taking books to read).

What we're not going to do is leave anyone behind.  (Because you never hear the end of it.)




This morning I read this by my former college writing professor/heroine in this world.  I even forgive her saying Louise is a step up from Thelma...because I love her that much.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I left Morgan at the orthodontist office yesterday!!! About 15 minutes later the receptionist called me--I hadn't even realized. I blame Hyrum who suddenly had the whole back seat to himself.

Olivia Cobian said...

I like what Louise wrote and love that you were such a central part of her post. You two have a nice relationship. I have not yet left a child anywhere--unintentionally anyway. I leave my kids all the time, but I do it on purpose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails