Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Instant wall art

I used to have a large wall calendar in our family room.  I loved it but it sort of self destructed.  I took it down because I was going to need the room for our new furniture anyway.

Then, we're not getting it until April

I had to figure out something to fill the blank space on the wall.  Something cheap and fast.  Pretty much my modus operandi of decorating. 

This took 5 minutes.  Perfect for my attention span and patience.

I had a blank canvas and I had maps (because I love maps) and I had mod podge (because I love mod podge).


I overlapped a few maps of places that are significant to us.




I even put little hearts by the places that matter most.

where our Connecticut Yankee Doodle girl was born
my happiest happy place...in the shadows of the Ruby Mountains with the Hole in the Mountain keeping watch
where Adam and I met--where we had mushrooms sprout on the carpet in our first apartment (I'm not kidding)--where our first brown eyed baby was born

We only lived here a short time but we were happy and how many people can say they lived in Pittsburg, CA...how many people can say they knew there was a Pittsburg, CA?
Home sweet home--Emma tampered with the heart so it isn't in the correct spot--Adam was born here as well as our youngest brown eyed baby.  We excel at brown eyed babies.

Instant wall art.  It instantly makes me happy.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

What a creative girl you are! Well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails