Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love



How could I not love Valentine's Day?  I love love, chocolate, the color red, and garish red and pink pairings. 

I used to think that Valentine's Day should be a romantic date with Adam.  Not anymore.  I'm not opposed to romantic dates with Adam, but I've learned that it's hard to get a table at a restaurant on Valentine's Day and it's easy to create expectations in your head that are unreasonable.

I like to spend Valentine's Day now celebrating what I love about it and forgetting the rest.  It's lovely to be in charge of the celebrations--a huge perk of being the mother.

Valentine's Day is about indulgence.

It's about the fancy meal tonight when we'll indulge in delightful course after fancy course.  The menfolk decided they're in charge of the meal this year and they are doing all of the preparations.  I am, however, making the dessert.  Some things you just can't leave up to chance.

It's about indulging our home in red.  Glorious red.



It's about indulging my three darlings with simple treats:

for the hungry one:  cookies for breakfast

for the girlie one:  a gift I can borrow

for the Lego one:  because we don't have quite enough of these...
And finally, Valentine's Day is about this:


I have a pretty good life.

He's why.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails