Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

This weekend

1)  Adam and I perused IKEA.  We weighed options.  We're looking for a different place for our TV. We analyzed furniture.  We discussed.  We deliberated, we pondered.  We sat down on a random couch at IKEA and ruminated.  We made our decision!  We went to the aisle to pick up what we wanted.

They didn't have it; it's discontinued.

Good news!  They'll get something similar in April.  (How many times will we change our minds between now and then?)

2) Mark got his glasses.  I can't imagine how rewarding it is for the lady that fits glasses.  Mark was beyond thrilled.  He kept telling her everything he could see that he couldn't see before.  "See that orange sign over there?  I can read it!"  "See those words over there on the door?  I can read that!"

(Mark is super shy.)

She seemed really genuinely happy for him though and I imagine it's a pretty good gig, changing peoples' lives when they get glasses and can finally see.

3) Braeden had his first date.

This is him texting a different girl before the dance.

It's to Braeden and Emma's great sorrow that they have to share a flip phone.  (They say, "It's bad enough that it's a flip phone, but since we share it, it's not even a whole flip phone.  It's just a flip.") It's quite sad.  Really.  My heart is breaking.

I assured him that if he texted during the dance that would be the worst thing ever.  He insisted that he would never do that and I should give him a little credit.  I said, "It's my job as the mom to tell you things like that."

He said, "Well, it's offensive."

I said, "Some mothers would go to the dance and take pictures of you with your date."

He said, "Never do that."

I said, "OK.  Then thank me for only giving you a lecture on texting other girls during your date."

"Thank you, Mom."

"That's better."

I did take a picture of him before the dance because he looked handsome and it seemed like a first date is a moment to capture.  Pictured with Mark and his new glasses but I'm sure the date looked lovely too.



(Too late I realized he wasn't wearing the suit jacket in this picture.  Pretend he's wearing a suit jacket.) 

4)  Emma was sick and didn't want to be photographed.  She has a cold.  I tried to get her to take zinc and she said, "Don't push your witchcraft on me."  So I took her picture.  Because it's either zinc or pictures.  Apparently.

Poor little lamb...I hate it when my kids are sick.  At least she has a cute robe.

2 comments:

Whitney Shane said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gives B dating advice.

Olivia Cobian said...

I love Mark's new glasses and I can't imagine that Braeden's date could be any cuter (or match as well) as Mark and your turquoise pillow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails