Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Keeping things interesting

There's a certain wonderfulness in my life since Mark is home with me.  I hope I always remember this time.  It is as precious as Mark is sort of crazy. 

Yesterday he was slicing bread at lunchtime.  He sliced off the heel and offered it to me, "Do you want the hubcap?"

Then he laughed like he was the most hilarious person in the world.

He's reading a book about the Wright brothers.  He loves it and said it is "very intriguing".  He told me about the physics involved in flying then he told me that it will be useful to him when he learns to fly.  (I'm not sure if he's going to learn to fly a plane or just fly.  You never know.)

He answered a difficult problem in math awhile ago.  I told him he was smart.  I said, "I don't think you're allowed to be that smart without a permit."

When I returned later from my walk he presented me with this:

I loved how he crossed out his password.  Decided he couldn't trust me.


In other news, Mark and Gavin have a plan.  A big plan.  They want to rent a UPS truck (Is that a thing?  Can you rent a UPS truck?) and outfit it with a couch, TV and refrigerator.  Then they want to drive the UPS truck to Palm Springs.

(Why wouldn't they?)

Adam wondered why they didn't just rent an RV and Mark looked at him with pity because of his lack of understanding.  "We want a UPS truck," he explained.

When you have a plan this big, you of course need money.

Since any cent that comes Mark's way gets spent on Lego sets, he has no money.  I'm guessing that first renting a UPS, then outfitting it with a couch, TV and refrigerator and finally driving it to Palm Desert all require money.

They have a plan for that.

They are going to have a camp.  They're going to charge admission.  It's going to involve an all day and all night Nerf gun war/capture the flag.  It's going to be $1 if you're under 11 and $3 if you're older.  He asked Braeden to participate and help him.  Braeden said he would for a cut.  Mark and Gavin have been churning out "prototypes" of a permission slip for the camp attendees.  Mark spent an afternoon typing it up.  Mark included things like "parents can call their kids home at any time," "Bring sunglasses and armor.  Prepare for rain," and "we will have guards posted throughout the night."

Gavin suggested they get permission for having a fire so Mark included, "Fire is likely.  Signature for fire_____________."

Mark wanted to add more and more to his "prototype."  He enlisted Emma's help in the typing and formatting (next to Adam, she's the best bet for help on the computer).  Emma got it all fixed up for him.  He printed several copies until he told me we were low on printer ink.  He wanted Adam and me to sign them.  Separately, we both said the same vague thing, "Wait until we get more details."

Soulmates, I tell you.

At Mark's insistence, Braeden read the permission slip.  He said, "Mark, there's not supposed to be an e on the end of or."

Mark shrugged and said, "Emma did that."

"Let me see that!" Emma grabbed it out of their hands.  "Oh," she said, "I made a mistake."  (I would not mention it but Emma + making a mistake + admitting to it = pretty remarkable.)

Braeden said, "I feel like the world's going to explode.  I corrected Emma's spelling."  (I would not mention it but Braeden + knowing how to spell something = pretty remarkable.) 





1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails