Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

The pros and cons

I am coming to you live from the airport.  We have a little time because we missed our flight.  (I know!  This is just the sort of thing our mothers warn about.) We excel at cutting it close.  Usually it works.  It works when everything goes right and this morning nothing went right.  But, we're leaving on a jet plane (eventually).   It's last minute and slapdash but the forecast for Palm Desert is in the 70s and 80s.  Blue skies. Yes, please.

Mark and I went last year too and joined Adam on a business trip.  I wanted to take all three children but Braeden has obligations with his school musical (and that crazy little thing called hard classes). Emma said she wanted to stay home with Braeden too.

Then she reconsidered.

She was waffling.

Mark tried to convince her to go.  He said, "I'll have so much more fun if you're there."

(It should be said that I'm a lot of fun.  I sit on the side of the pool and read my book and want to be left alone.  Now, that is fun.)

Emma said, "I don't know what do!"

I asked her for the pros and cons.  She said, "Well, the pros are: it would be really great to go, I would have fun, I could miss school. The cons are: I would have a lot of school work to make up...but I could maybe get some of it ahead of time.  Wait, there are no cons!  I'm going!"

(I love when you go over the pros and cons and realize there are no cons.)

My only con is that Braeden can't go.  He assures us he's fine and will have a good time with his grandma, which I know is true.  Still, we're not us without everyone.  I miss Braeden already.  Sniff.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow! I like the new look. Very palm-desert-y.

Have fun!

Olivia Cobian said...

Have a great trip (assuming you make your flight at some point)! ;)

Sage Grayson said...

Smart advice. I make pros and cons lists too when I get stuck about a decision. The choice becomes clear when I look at both options objectively. Have a fun trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails