Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Parenting older kids

Yesterday:

1) While I was making the requisite fruit smoothies for lunch, Mark heated up leftover BBQ pork and got out everything we needed for sandwiches.  He also loaded the dishwasher while I cleaned the rest of the kitchen. 

2) Braeden needed help formatting his Word document.  I had no clue.  I said, "What you need is Emma."  And it was true.  Emma knew immediately what to do. 

3) Since he could utter words, Braeden has been arguing his position.  Even when it has nothing to do with him, he has an opinion and an argument.  Yesterday I told him my perspective in the debate we were having.  He said, "Yeah, you have a point.  I can see that."

Parenting older kids is not always, or even often, easy.

But sometimes it really is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails