Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

A happy Mother's Day

This was not an original idea, but adapted from something I saw online.  I will take credit for the handprints though.  They are either mine or belonging to people I married or gave birth to.

Emma wrote me a poem, Mark built me a castle shaped box with a hinged lid (out of Lego bricks), and Braeden wrote me a card in French (that I couldn't read).

I am a blessed woman.

Mother's Day is a holiday that fills me with gratitude.  I'm grateful for my own wonderful mother.  She is a confident and capable woman and through sheer force of her formidable will, she infused me with confidence and capacity.  (Also, I got to talk to her yesterday which is a rare treat since she's a busy missionary.)

I'm also grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mother.  It is not a bad gig.  It is difficult, there's no doubt about that.  It takes skills I don't possess (or just very minimally possess) but still I am allowed to plow ahead and do my best and try harder next time.

I'm grateful for Adam.  He is my partner in every sense of the word.  I need everything I have and everything he has as well to try to take care of our children.  The responsibility to do my best for these three souls is immense and I'm glad to have an able teammate.

I'm grateful for my children.  They make me think that Heavenly Father must love me to send me them.  Gifts are my love language.  The gift of Braeden and Emma and Mark is the best gift I can imagine.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails