Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Children

Yesterday I was sitting in our van outside our kids' voice teacher's house.  I was watching her son and his friend play on the lawn.  They had toy guns and swords and what looked like a complicated game going on.  Two little girls, black braids bouncing, came down the street.  They gave the boys sideways glances and giggled and then once they were past the boys, they started running.  The boys returned the sideways glances and as soon as the girls with the bouncing black braids had run past, they started wrestling each other to the ground.  And they could because they're little boys and the sun was shining and the grass was a soft place to fall.

Tears were sliding down my face as I watched these children play.  I was listening to the radio and hearing about other children, children the same age who had endured unimaginable things during a tornado that devastated their school, homes and lives.

My heart and thoughts and prayers are with them today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails