Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Another reason to love a daughter

Last night we went to Costco.  I snatched up a box of those huggable hangers.  Adam looked at me like I'd sprouted a new head.  Usually I get wooden hangers from IKEA.  Wooden hangers from IKEA hang in every closet.  I like them.

But sometimes a girl needs a huggable hanger.

"We need these," I told Adam.

He looked doubtful.

"They're good for girl clothes," I said.

He shrugged.

This morning Emma is playing hooky and going to an author signing rather than school.  I went in her room to make sure she was ready. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Cleaning my room."

(Pardon me while I wrap my mind around that statement.)

She was trying to hang up a shirt with a wide neck on a slick wooden hanger.  "It keeps falling off," she said.

"Ah-ha!" I said, "I bought new hangers!"

She followed me in anticipation, because she's a girl.

I opened the box and presented her with the slim black hanger.

"Wow," she said, full of the appreciation no one else at this address would feel.  She hung the shirt with the wide neck on the hanger and it held perfectly.  "Dang," she said.

"I know," I said.


2 comments:

Adam said...

I think she was cleaning her room because of spiders. She freaked out in the car yesterday (and nearly caused me to run off the road) when a spider crawled on her arm. When we had stopped and she was checking her clothes for the horrible beast, I asked where her sweatshirt had been. "On the floor of my room." I said that was probably where it came from because her messy room is a perfect environment for breeding spiders. You should have seen the look in her face.

Olivia Cobian said...

I didn't know there were huggable hangers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails