Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Sunshine in my soul



The weather this May has been fabulous.  I think more sunshine days than not.  You don't know what this means to me and my psyche.  Well, maybe you do.  It means I'm not whining.  I'm not scheming how to possibly get out from under the clouds.

Yesterday evening we met Adam at the choir room at Emma's school for her mock performance in preparation for her solo ensemble on Saturday. 

Afterward I told her choir teacher that she was wonderful and we loved her (because it's true) and she indicated my children and said, "You have a lot to be proud of."  I tried to look humble and gracious but what I was thinking was, don't I know it!

Adam, because he's Adam, suggested that we stay and play a little disc golf at the school.  Then he pulled some disc golf Frisbees out of the Mary Poppins bag that is the trunk of his car.


Both Frisbee and golf are in the realm of impossible for me so disc golf was no different.  (There was limited athletic ability distributed among my siblings and me.  Some of them got plenty but it didn't leave any leftover for me.)

With or without any skill on my part, it was still nice.


Also, we didn't stay too long because we were hungry.

I was in a celebratory mood.  Maybe it was because of the weather or maybe it was because Braeden had taken his AP test and felt pretty good about it.  Maybe I felt like celebrating because I had talked to another mother earlier in the day about the 8th grade celebration at Emma's school.  She was stewing about how to alter her daughter's fancy dress she bought for the occasion.  It is a Big Deal and the girls show up in heels way too high and skirts way too short.  My daughter, bless her heart, doesn't want to go.  She is my favorite daughter ever.  (Because I don't want to go either.  Celebrating the completion of 8th grade in an over the top way seems ridiculous.  Way to get a year older!  Just like everyone else your age, you're going to 9th grade! Yippee.)

So we decided last night for a riverside supper with riparian entertainment (inspired by the fantastic British TV show, Keeping Up Appearances.)

Chuck's Seafood Grotto in Snohomish provided the supper and instagram provided the riparian entertainment.






I don't know what other families do while they're waiting for the food to arrive at restaurants.  We take silly pictures of each other.

It was a perfect dinner in a lovely setting.  The kids gave me a few of their fries which I doused in vinegar.  To me, the french fry is just the vehicle for the vinegar.  Braeden ate the bits I left behind.  He made a terrible face and said, "This tastes like vinegar but I'm so hungry."

I promised him ice cream when we got home.  It was just that kind of a night.




1 comment:

Marianne said...

What a lovely picture of you and Emma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails