Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Thoughts on the last weekend

This is the last weekend of Bye Bye Birdie.

There's a lot of joy in drama.  I love the exuberant and happy and talented kids.  Their jubilation is contagious.  I love a lot of the other mothers that I've gotten to know as we work side by side.

There's a lot of work.  I'm happy to do it because I love being involved where my kids are involved.  It's exhausting though--and kind of takes over our lives.

Here are some of the things I worked on:

roses made of Hershey kisses

I "made" saddle shoes for Emma out of white canvas shoes and black paint.

cupcakes to sell

It hasn't all been sunshine and (Hershey kiss) roses though.  There's a lot of drama surrounding drama.  More and more I'm realizing the compromises Braeden would have to make to become truly successful in his acting "career."   It makes me sad when I feel like we are in a struggle for decency and values in an increasingly amoral world.  I'm learning with gratitude that I have a strong boy with strong convictions.

If there comes a day when (sniff) we have to part ways with one of Braeden's favorite pastimes--school plays-- it will be along with Janet and her good kids.  Which matters a lot.  You can't put a price on friends who share your views.  It will also be with heavy hearts.  I've known all along though that I'm not raising an actor, I'm raising a good man.  That's the goal.  It always has been.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

You are an amazing drama mama! We missed you at WC.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails