Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

A round-up of unrelated items

1-

Here's a movie you should see:  The Christmas Candle

We like to go to a movie on Thanksgiving evening.  Our kids wanted to see Catching Fire but I didn't.  I don't know, I wasn't in the mood to watch a movie about children trying to kill each other.  Our children were not happy but when you're the mom and dad and the ones buying the movie tickets you have a little veto power.  The Christmas Candle was a feel good Christmas story.  It was better quality than a Hallmark movie but not really destined to be a blockbuster either.  We liked it.  Susan Boyle was in it and sang angelically like Susan Boyle does.  Also, Susan Boyle was not cast for her acting prowess.

But that lady can SING.

Our kids agreed as we walked out of the theater that is was good.  I was happy to support something uplifting rather than violent. 

Emma went with a friend to Catching Fire the next day so everyone was happy.  (She was the main one who wanted to see it after all.)

2-
Sunrise--I love it.


3-

Awhile ago Emma invited Freja over to help her make sock puppets for a school project.  These two delight me.


They are creative and quirky and extremely supportive and kind to each other.  They laughed the entire time and it was a delight to be in the same room as them.

4-

Emma sang a song she composed at the choir concert!  I will get a recording of it sometime and post it.  Her courage astounds me.  Especially when I consider that she is too shy to be comfortable ordering in a restaurant.

At the concert, Braeden sang a duet with one his friends, "Baby, It's Cold Outside."  I wondered, "Did they pick the tallest and the shortest choir members to sing?


Later when the rest of the choir was on stage I realized, yep, tallest and shortest.

5-

I don't have the stamina or disposition or courage to handle the week of auditions.  It is too much for this drama mama.  I've decided I need to be sedated.  Wake me up when the spring musical is cast and I'll deal with the outcome, whatever it is. This weeeeeeeeeeeek.  I may not survive...

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Nice post. I especially love the sunrise shot with your beautiful tree. You'll make it through this drama mama business!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails