Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

For Hyrum

My nephew Hyrum reads my blog.  I love that about that kid.  Thanks for reading Hyrum.  At times he has thought--quite incorrectly--that I adore my nieces more than my nephews.  Not true.  (Although I DO adore my nieces and the sparkly nativity puppet set they made me is priceless.)

I adore my nephews too.  They are a pack of handsome and energetic and good boys.

Hyrum taught Emma a guitar lesson in August when we were there.  Hyrum is amazing on the guitar.  He is largely self taught and a natural born teacher.

Hyrum generously let Emma play his guitar for the lesson and he used Emma's little guitar.
We got home from Nevada and swim team happened and Emma didn't pick up the guitar again.  Since it's been over and she's had more time, I've heard her strumming away in her bedroom.

The other night we were sitting around the kitchen table and I was probably manically trying to plan something or other (because that's what I do.)  Braeden and Emma were singing and I stopped my manic planning and recorded them.

They don't exactly love the recording but silly children!  It's not about them!  When will they learn?

I wanted Hyrum to see his student's progress:




Mark provided the enthusiastic "Woo!" at the end.  I manically plan, Mark adds enthusiasm.  Always.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Hyrum. That was amazing! Where did you get that song? It's pretty awsome.

Thelma said...

Hyrum--it's from a cartoon our kids used to watched called Avatar. They haven't watched it for years but I guess the song is still in Emma's head...

Marianne said...

That was lovely! That girl can play the guitar and harmonize beautifully simultaneously! What a talented family.

Olivia Cobian said...

I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails