Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It's December

I had a dream that I had a job interview I was late for and a truckload of workers just arrived to refinish my hardwood floors and a limousine also pulled up with recruiters that wanted to talk to my brother Enoch (who is in his mid-thirties...and lives in Nevada so why were they at my house?  Furthermore, do recruiters arrive in limousines?  This is out of my realm of expertise...) about playing college basketball for them.  Also my mom was on the phone and my aunt and uncle (also from Nevada) were at the door to visit.

So yeah, I think it's December and my dreams are manifesting some chaos in my brain that needs to resolve itself.

I also recently read this article by Hannah Bird.  This part resonated with me in particular:

...we are now knee deep into helpful hints for surviving Christmas. Apparently the celebration of the birth of Christ has become so complex that it, like a knife fight, an open-seating budget flight, or Mondays, needs surviving.
I don't want to "survive" Christmas.  I am striving to be calm, merry and bright.  I want to let my weary world rejoice.  There is a lot to do, all of my own making.  No one is holding a gun to my head, forcing me to create cheer.  I want to do everything I can to create a warm and peaceful holiday for my family.  Balance needs to be struck.  My to do list awaits, I'll try to just keep my crazy contained in my dreams. 

(The above dream was better than my previous anxiety dream I had while in the throes of the play and bronchitis.  It involved me driving at night.  I was at a busy intersection and just as I pulled out into traffic not only my headlights but every light around me went out and I was plunged into terrifying darkness.  I woke up in a panic...I really am a lot of fun.)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I will take your stress dreams anytime. Mine always involve monsters, ghosts, witches, etc. Once when Tabor was gone I woke in a panic to lock the door so the zombies would stay out. Yeah. Who's crazy now?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails